Thursday, August 14, 2008

30 Weeks

I've had a busy week.  It all started last Thursday when we went to the county fair with Dave and Kathy.  We all ate our weight in fair food.  Elena and I had- fried pickles, chicken & noodles, ice cream churned by a John Deere tractor, an elephant ear and a Hawaiian ice.  Of course Chris and I shared most of this but I wouldn't be surprised if I had a little weight gain at the doctor's next week. :) 
Friday I headed to Cincinnati for a weekend filled with wedding activities.  Friday night my mom, Jay, Bridget and I went to my cousin's wedding.  The cake was delicious!  Then Saturday my mom and I ran a bunch of errands.  We went to Babies R Us and I got a Halloween costume for Elena (a black cat) and a crib mattress.  My mom bought Elena a few very cute outfits- one involving a beret.  She is going to be so cute!!!  Saturday night Bridget's mom threw a shower for her.  They had the best homemade fried chicken.  
Sunday my mom and  I threw a shower for Bridget with the Huber/Korte family.  It turned out really nice and Bridget got a bunch of great stuff.  Now she can finally throw away a bunch of Jay's disgusting kitchen stuff.

Last week we put together the dresser then last night we put together the crib.  I love them both!  They look black in these pictures but they are both dark brown.  In order to test the safety of the crib we put Brogan in it.  I think he liked it!  NOTE- the mattress still had the plastic on it as to not get it covered in dog hair.  

We still have a few more things to do to the room.  We have to hang stuff on the walls, put up shelves in the closet and buy the glider chair.  I am really happy with the way everything turned out.  I can't wait to see it when it is 100% finished.  


No comments: