I took Elena to the doctor on Friday because she did not sleep hardly at all Wednesday or Thursday nights (more on that in a minute). She weighs 11 lbs. 12 oz. She has gained almost 4 lbs. in 2 months. At least I can say she is taking really well to breast feeding. I got out some of her 3-6 months clothes and she fits in most of them. The pants are still a little long but I'm sure in a few weeks they will fit perfectly.
Back to her not sleeping- I had no idea what her problem was. She went from sleeping great to barely sleeping at all for two nights. She had been pulling on/grabbing at her ears so I thought she might have an ear infection. When I took her to the doctor they said her ears are fine but the way I was describing her acting during the night it sounded to them like Elena was in pain. They think she is teething! You can see little teeth buds starting to come in at the very top and very bottom of her gums. When I was touching them to show my mom and Chris on Friday night she was screaming at the top of her lungs like I have never heard her scream before. For those without kids, 2 months is early to be starting teething. But I'm not surprised since E is so advanced. :) We will see if this is really what is causing the problem or not. She did sleep pretty well on Friday and Saturday night but definitely not like she normally does.
As I said before my mom came in town on Friday to stare at Elena. E had fun hanging with her grandma. I even worked for a few hours on Saturday and my mom watched Elena. She got her to take a nap in her crib for over 2 hours. Elena has never slept in her crib. Way to go Jill!!
No comments:
Post a Comment