Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Elena's Room

We are finally finished with Elena's room.  Monday night we out the finishing touches on it by hanging everything on the walls and the window treatments.  I am very happy with it.

This isn't even half of the clothes she already has hanging in the closet, not to mention all the stuff she has in the dresser.

This is seriously the most comfortable chair ever.  It glides and rocks (and so does the ottoman).  


We call this the Rico corner.  She did the painting above the chair and she knitted the blanket.  Seriously, this room wouldn't look nearly as good without her help.  She came over on Monday night and helped me with the wall letters.  She did the bows for me and thought of how to hang them up.  She is the most crafty aunt ever!!

The painting on the left is Chris' and the one on the right is mine.  We were inspired by Alli who did 2 paintings for us last year that we have hung in the living room.  

2 comments:

brooke.eisenacher said...

I love her room! You guys have done such a great job with it. Where did you get the chair? I've been eyeing some of those gliders with gliding ottomans too. We've heard they come in very handy for rocking the little one to sleep. I can't wait to start decorating!!

KatieVetter said...

Thanks! We got the chair at Babies R Us. I wanted a "real" chair that we could use later vs. one that looked like a rocker in a baby's room. You HAVE to get a gliding ottoman. It makes it 100 times more comfortable.