Wednesday, July 30, 2008

28 Weeks

I had a minor scare this week.  On Thursday at work my vision went a little blurry and I was seeing spots (like a flashlight was shined in my eyes) for a few hours.  I called the doctor's office and they told me to come in.  They were worried that my blood pressure was high and that can be potentially really bad for the baby.  I went in and they did a bunch of tests and everything turned out to be fine.  My blood pressure was normal and I even got the results to my glucose test while I was there.  I passed the glucose test so I do not have gestational diabetes.  

On Sunday I went to Bridalrama in Cincinnati with Christa, her mom, her sisters and Josh's sisters.  We had fun and I ate alot of cake.  Chris was joking around with me before I left that people at the bridal show would think I was trying to get married quickly because I am pregnant.  He was right!  Several vendors asked me when I was getting married.  

Monday, Jean got us an appointment with the ultrasound tech where she works so we could try to find out for sure with this baby is a girl.  Also, Stephanie was in town and Kathy had never been to an appointment with me so they came too, along with Chris' grandma.  I ate a bunch of Frosted Flakes that morning so she would move around more.  We got a ton of great pictures and a definite girl parts shot!  She was moving around and looking very cute.  She would move her hand around in front of her face and she yawned a few times.  She has definitely gotten chubbier since my last ultrasound (4 weeks ago).   



I'm really glad we got a confirmation of girl parts.  We have way too much pink if the baby ended up being a boy.  Also, Kathy, Stephanie, Jean and Jamie are throwing a shower for me this weekend so we wanted a confirmation before that.  I will post pictures next week of all of the great gifts I'm sure we will get.

2 comments:

Brigid said...

I'm so glad you found out it was a little lady fo'sho'. I can't wait to teach little Elena the art of being classy...although I could probably show her more of how NOT to be classy.
She looks so cute in those pictures!!

brooke.eisenacher said...

I am amazed at the ultrasound pics - she is beautiful!! WOW! I can't get over how much detail you can see!